Students of the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering and the Department of Computer Science can reserve a study room at the Engineering & Computer Science Library using the booking page.
There are 4 study rooms that are available for reservation a day in advance: Room A, Room B, Room C and Room D.
- Room A: max occupancy of 6 people, min of 2 people
- Room B: max occupancy of 6 people, min of 2 people
- Room C: max occupancy of 8 people, min of 2 people
- Room D: max occupancy of 8 people, min of 2 people
Each room is equipped with a monitor, HDMI cable, and whiteboard markers and erasers. Room D has additional teleconferencing equipment, including a web camera, microphone, and speaker system that can be connected via USB.
**NB: Rooms are booked one hour at a time. You can book a room for up to three hours per day. Timeslots with no reservations are first come first serve.
Study Room Policies (updated March 2022)
- Single users are not permitted to reserve study rooms.
- Rooms are restricted to U of T engineering and computer science students with a valid UTORid
- Rooms should booked a minimum of 1 day in advance (up to 2 weeks). Time slots with no reservations are first-come-first-serve.
- Students who have booked a room have priority for use of the room with the following exceptions:
- Rooms booked, but unoccupied after 15 minutes will become available to other students.
- A group vacating a study room for breaks longer than 20 minutes will forfeit the room.
Code of Conduct
- Rooms are for studying and academic group work.
- Commercial activities are not permitted.
- One individual using a study room should be prepared to move if requested to do so by a group of 2 students or more
- Please dispose of all garbage and recyclables when you leave the room. Food waste should never be left behind.
- Study rooms are not sound-proof; please be respectful of others in the area while using the rooms.
- Everyone using the study rooms is expected to abide by the Library Policies as well as current COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines.