There are many wireless networks available on campus. The Help Desk provides support for 2 networks (UofT and eduroam).
36 public workstations:
- 35 require you to log in with your UTORid and password, and have internet connectivity and Microsoft Office installed
- 4 of these have scanners attached and have Adobe Creative Suite and OCR software
- 1 kiosk designated as a Library Catalogue workstation that allows you to quickly search the library catalogue without having to log in
- Up to the minute listing of available computers
- Software installed on most computers
If you are a University of Toronto student, faculty or staff member and you use e-journals, article indexes, or other licensed web resources provided through the University of Toronto Libraries from an off-campus computer, you'll be asked to log using yout UTORid in the first time during each web session that you use a licensed resource.
Graduate students, faculty and staff have secure access to UofT's internal network from off campus for work and study.
The eduroam network at UofT is intended for visiting scholars from other participating eduroam institutions. UofT faculty and students can log in to eduroam at other universities using their UofT credentials. You may want to set up your computer prior to travelling.